Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tiki Village Theatre

Our first activity in Moorea was visiting the Tiki Village Theatre. Before flying to Tahiti, we had it planned out where we were going to go in Moorea. I told Tommy that I wanted to visit the cultural center during the day time and returning back to the village for their Polynesian buffet dinner and dance show in the evening. We scheduled with the cultural center to pick us up from our hotel. The driver was one of the nicest girl I had met in Moorea, but I had forgotten her name! They gave us a tour of the center, showed us the arts and crafts that they made and we even sat in an outrigger to see the pearl farm demonstration!

I kept my layout simple. I used brown cardstock as background and used red cardstock to cut out letters and borders. The most difficult part was putting the "Polynesian Buffet & Dance" letters onto the page. The fonts were small and I had to manually pull out each strip of tape to put it on the back of the letter. That was really tedious work! I think this was the page where I told myself, "no more small letters because I am going to break my back and my eyes will go bad!"
It was my first time to cut out a border from my digital cutter. It was so quick and easy! I couldn't have done this kind of intricate cutting with a pair of scissor! With that border, it gave an instant feel of being in a tropical island!

The right side of my double layout, I decided to put different pictures we took at the cultural center.

My intention of this page was to create a pocket and put the dinner & show program that I collected inside. The downside of this was not being able to pull it out because I didn't come up with a solution on how to access that map easily! On top of the pocket, I decided to journal about our adventure at the Tiki Village Theatre.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment