Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mahana'i

Because of the meal plan with the hotel, we didn't get a chance to explore the local eateries in Moorea. When the sun went down, we were not able to go anywhere because it was dark out. We didn't have a car either. So, we spent our evenings at the hotel to relax. This was our first dinner at the hotel.

For this layout, I decided to do a double layout with the pictures of the food we ordered for that evening. The page was simple and I liked the way it turned out.

I decided to use a pattern cardstock paper as the background. I chose a blue metallic cardstock as a photo mat. I cut the flourish with my silhouette cutter and used silver metallic cardstock to give it a slight pop & color to the layout.

I cropped the six food pictures into the same size and arranged it according to appetizer, main course, dessert, and separated what I ordered from Tommy's. With all the cropping of the pictures, I ended up with a big gap of space down in the middle. I decided to use the silver metallic cardstock and cut out the name of the restaurant, Mahana'i to fill the gap in the middle. Again, I used the silhouette cutter.

I debated if I should round the corners at the time when I was putting this layout together, but I decided not to and kept the straight corners instead. If I could work on this page again, I would add flowers and gems to the left side of the page.

Hope you are all enjoying your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment