Monday, March 7, 2011

Turning 67


This was my first double layout. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing when I was putting this layout together.

I decided to do a double layout for my dad's birthday as he turned 67 couple years ago. This year, he will be turning 70! Oh my, how time flies! It is not until I looked back at this page until I realized that he is going to be 70 this year. I am blessed to have him supporting me all the time. I am truly blessed that he has good health, and really, he just doesn't look that old to me.

This layout was rather simple as I was still trying to figure how to put different pattern papers together to look great. I ended up cutting strips pattern paper to create a border instead since I was pretty confused at that time.


The letters were hand cut by a pair of scissor. It wasn't as difficult to cut because the letters were much bigger, and much easier to cut. However, I had to cut double as I used 2 different cardstocks for the letters. The yellow letters were slightly raised. I used 3d foams to make them raised.

I used ink stamp to stamp the date of the event. It was a pack of wooden stamps with individual alphabet on each end. It was my first rubber stamp I owned. The most difficult part of stamping was aligning all the letters. I had a tendency to shift things upward or downward. In order to keep it straight, I had to use pencil and ruler. Once the stamp part was done, I had to go back and erase the line.

This layout is probably the most simplest double layout I had ever created. It's not my most favorite page, but when I look at it again, I grew to like this page in a strange way.

No comments:

Post a Comment