Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Plant Your Love & Let It Grow"


Excuse my bad picture taking skill. I think my flash broke. I waited for few months before replacing my old point and shoot (Casio Exilim) with a new pink point and shoot (Canon SD1100 IS) camera back in 2008 because I had a difficult time deciding if I wanted a pink camera for myself! These pictures are the last pictures off from the old camera.

This picture was taken at my cousin's baby red egg & ginger 1- month party. My cousin and I were playing around with the different camera functions. We turned the picture into black & white. The picture was cute and couldn't pass up to create a layout for Tommy and me.

I was actually trying to find an excuse to use the new glitter flowers brad, by Heidi Grace Design, I bought at Joann's. I believe that was the first set of flowers and brads purchased. I still have some flowers and brads that I haven't use.


I kept this page extremely simple. I decided to use green background because the quote was printed in green and brown. I chose to use different shades of green and brown to create this layout. I used 3d foams under the quote to create a dimension on the layout as well.

I was still unable to cut the border straight with the edge scissor. One side was bigger than the other side! One day, I will perfect the scissor cutting skill! With such a simple layout, it took me awhile to complete because I sat at my desk and spent hours to think how to put the page together!

What I really like about this page was the frames I created in the middle of the page. It created a focus for the layout.

Next time, my first scrapbook layout as a gift, and it was for Tommy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment